HuntBuds Connecting Hunters, Fishermen and Outdoor Enthusiasts.

Anyone hunt for rattlesnakes . Its that time of year when we catch them close to the DEN sunning on rocks . I hope we get a few this year . This time of year we get a few but early October is the best. Whats your secretes if you hunt them ?
I dont hunt for them because we have no market for them local. But I take at least 1 or 2 every year that put me in danger...we do have healthy numbers here in the mountain area
Patience and Perseverance are qualities that are best practiced rather than preached
upatree64 said...

I dont hunt for them because we have no market for them local. But I take at least 1 or 2 every year that put me in danger...we do have healthy numbers here in the mountain area

I used to Hunt them religiously . When the Kids came i backed off. I surely enjoyed it though
CRUSHER said...

I used to Hunt them religiously . When the Kids came i backed off. I surely enjoyed it though

I scare tupatree to death because I catch or handle them...but t did save me for sure a few yrs ago from one that I was standing on. but I didnt know I was
Patience and Perseverance are qualities that are best practiced rather than preached
Snakes r up this year Seen an article on rattlesnakes today 6' or bigger worth 500.00 to 600.00. That big is tough to find ! I have found several 5 to 6 ft in the past years. Never would have thought these buzzers would bring much
Back in the day here's some random buzzer pictures

CRUSHER said...

Back in the day here's some random buzzer pictures

I have the same problem w/the timber or blacktail some call them

upatree64 said...

I have the same problem w/the timber or blacktail some call them

Yes I like these boys also we have these up in ok lease along with every other type these black tails get huge
In my opinion the only good snake is a dead snake. Over the years I have killed plenty of timber rattlers and copper heads. I don't like any of them.
HuntBuds Prostaff<br /> <br />G5 Prime Alloy 30" DL, 70lbs, BSD Custom Wrist Sling, GT Kinetics, QAD HDX, HHA Optimizer, B-Stinger Stabilizer, G5 Montecs <br /><br />2010 Elite Z28 30" DL, 70lbs, BSD Custom Strings & Wrist Sling, Beman ICS classic hunters 340, QAD HDX, Sword 3rd Axis sight, B-Stinger Stabilizer, G5 Montecs
Snakes r out!! Ranch hand caught 20 last weekend by the dens Get your snake boots on !
Wish I had the pictures of Kenny runnin through the Louisiana Bayou runnin from an old Female chasin him through the camp, Crazy city folk in the woods just had to follow her.. I just sat up on a stump. he come runnin by screamin she slithered in and I lopped off her head.. Oh man the memory makes the sides hurt
I have never been relieved of my duty to defend the constitution of these United States of America, with up to and including my life
Burt Gummer is my Hero
"Enjoy getting old, not all of us get to do it." Eric (Pard) Wroe, 5/73-12/13
MoEliteGT500 said...

In my opinion the only good snake is a dead snake. Over the years I have killed plenty of timber rattlers and copper heads. I don't like any of them.

Definitely.
Jim Ward

Archery - Mathews Z-7 bow and Martin Rytera Alien X, Carbon Express , Octane Stabilizer, Crimson Talon , Spott Hogg sight & IQ Retina Lock Ultra Lite.

BSD Bow String Depot Pro Staff
Hips Archery Target Pro Staff
I don't believe in killing every snake you see.We actually have seen very few on the ranch. Over the years we've killed 2 around the camp and 1 in a pasture. As long as they are not a danger to someone, I leave them alone. Having said all of this, If I find one around camp, it dies. I will not take a chance on one of my grandkids, friends or my dog getting bitten.