HuntBuds Connecting Hunters, Fishermen and Outdoor Enthusiasts.

Well, archery season has been open for a little better than a week now. Anybody in MO. doing any good?
Bow Hunter and Hunter Ed. Instructor. God, Family, the Great Outdoors
So far I've sat 19 hours (4 days of hunting) on the stand and haven't seen a deer yet. I wasn't able to hunt last weekend since I've had to work everyday since the 17th of Sept and I won't get a day off until the 30th. But you can bet I'll be hunting Oct. 1st.
HuntBuds Prostaff<br /> <br />G5 Prime Alloy 30" DL, 70lbs, BSD Custom Wrist Sling, GT Kinetics, QAD HDX, HHA Optimizer, B-Stinger Stabilizer, G5 Montecs <br /><br />2010 Elite Z28 30" DL, 70lbs, BSD Custom Strings & Wrist Sling, Beman ICS classic hunters 340, QAD HDX, Sword 3rd Axis sight, B-Stinger Stabilizer, G5 Montecs
said...

So far I've sat 19 hours (4 days of hunting) on the stand and haven't seen a deer yet. I wasn't able to hunt last weekend since I've had to work everyday since the 17th of Sept and I won't get a day off until the 30th. But you can bet I'll be hunting Oct. 1st.

What's the issue weather or what ! That's a drag I hope Texas seasons starts off better than yours ur luck will change
CRUSHER said...

What's the issue weather or what ! That's a drag I hope Texas seasons starts off better than yours ur luck will change

Yeah I have no doubt it will turn around. The weather played a big factor on the hunting, for two of those days we had heavy rain.

When does the season begin in TX?
HuntBuds Prostaff<br /> <br />G5 Prime Alloy 30" DL, 70lbs, BSD Custom Wrist Sling, GT Kinetics, QAD HDX, HHA Optimizer, B-Stinger Stabilizer, G5 Montecs <br /><br />2010 Elite Z28 30" DL, 70lbs, BSD Custom Strings & Wrist Sling, Beman ICS classic hunters 340, QAD HDX, Sword 3rd Axis sight, B-Stinger Stabilizer, G5 Montecs
said...

Yeah I have no doubt it will turn around. The weather played a big factor on the hunting, for two of those days we had heavy rain.

When does the season begin in TX?

Well tx starts this Sat. Oklahoma Monday
This season was bad it's the first time in over 30 years I did not harvest a deer. We had a bad case of EHD in my area wiped out most of the deer where I hunt. Before EHD I would have trail cam Piscataway with up to 20 does on it this year had only 2 does total. Only a couple small bucks. The bucks weren't legal and thought if I shot the does then wouldn't have any deer at all. Hope the Conservation Dept. reduces the doe tags next year.