HuntBuds Connecting Hunters, Fishermen and Outdoor Enthusiasts.

Yes it is still on! I have received several inquiries about the next Meet and Greet and decided I needed to give you folks an update. The first 3 M&G's were held in January but we have decided to move it back a little bit this year to sometime in March when the days are warmer and longer. We have had a hard time squeezing in all the activities with the short days so we figured sometime after March 12th when the time changes would give us a little extra daylight.

Stay tuned and I will be posting the dates and sign up sheet later this month. As always it will be on a first come basis and the spots fill up quickly!
"If I am not hunting or fishing I am probably somewhere talking about hunting or fishing"
The dates have finally been set for the 4th Annual Meet & Greet. We backed it up from the typical dark and dreary days of January to March when the temps are warmer and days are longer. The dates this year will be March 22nd through March 26th. While most folks come for the entire time we also welcome anyone who wants to just come hang out for a day but you will be missing out on some great times.

If you have never been to a M&G you don't know what you are missing, mainly because most of the stuff that happens cannot be repeated once you leave. If you have been you know what I mean and know why the spots fill up quick. With the longer days we should finally be able to complete all stages of the HuntBuds Four Weapon Shootout and once and for all declare a Champion. We have several new additions to the shootout and of course they are as redneck as ever including nighttime archery golf.

There will be lots of great food and once again there will be no shortage of bacon or jalapenos. Bring your stretch pants because nobody has ever left hungry or lighter than they came (except BigL, he could eat 24/7 and not gain an ounce). There is also a good chance your wallet will be lighter after the nightly poker tourneys I always win.

Wednesday 22nd Gates open at 4:00pm
Thursday 23rd Rifle and Shotgun Shootouts
Friday 24th Archery and Handgun Shootouts
Saturday 25th Championship Rounds
Sunday 26th Gates close at 12:00pm

The 2017 Meet & Greet is again open to all Lifetime Members on a first come basis. We have limited spots (beds) so check your calendar and sign up quick. Any remaining spots (typically not any) will be given to any other members that sign up on a first come basis. The best way to secure a spot is to become a Lifer and sign up quick!

To sign up just hit "new Reply and enter your name and the dates you will be attending. Please make sure you can make it before you sign up!!
"If I am not hunting or fishing I am probably somewhere talking about hunting or fishing"
I am IN! I will be there for the entire shindig.
"Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." Dr Seuss - Mathews DXT, Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streak, NAP Killzone & Executioner broadheads, NAP stabilizer, QAD Ultrarest, True Fire release.
I also plan on winning back my archery crown!
"Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." Dr Seuss - Mathews DXT, Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streak, NAP Killzone & Executioner broadheads, NAP stabilizer, QAD Ultrarest, True Fire release.
Don't know yet
BIG L<br />ZOMAC PRO STAFF<br />Mathews Mission Ballistic<br />100 G grim reapers
I'm in. Sorry Jeff, there can be only one. I will retain the Archery Champion title. My plans are to be there either late Wed or early Thurs for the duration, subject to change on mammas request. Oh and before anyone asks there will be brittle to fight over. I would be banned if I didn't bring it.

Eeeeeeeerk......Scratch that. My wifes birthday is 3/23. This is bad. I will have to check first on dates. I'm still in to some degree. Will update when I can.
Pencil me in - Thursday till u make me leave
BIG L<br />ZOMAC PRO STAFF<br />Mathews Mission Ballistic<br />100 G grim reapers
If I can get my Capstone project completed by then I might be able to get down there for a day to hang out if that is alright. School has me swamped with harder than expected classes this semester.
Elite E32
Excalibur Matrix 380
Remington 700 7mag
Remington 710 .243
T/C Omega .50
Mossberg 835

Hunt Hard, Fish Long, Thank the Lord!
kellyguinn said...

If I can get my Capstone project completed by then I might be able to get down there for a day to hang out if that is alright. School has me swamped with harder than expected classes this semester.

Come on down, the more the merrier!
big L said...

Pencil me in - Thursday till u make me leave

I work with Pen and ink only. Tell the boss you are going to be sick on Thursday and Friday and come on Wednesday night with the big boys.
Mike, you scraped by me last year on the 70 yd shot, but dont think that will again happen this year. I will once again be CHAMPION!!!! lol
y'all are just lucky that this crazy canadian can't go to the MG. cuz otherwise there would be a new Champion. Lol Wink
OK if you call scraped by breaking a clay at 70 in the wind on the first shot. I've unofficially won 2 of the 3 we've had. Champion! I just dropped the mic and walked off. Lol.
You are correct on that. That was a great shot. It took me 3 shots. That shot is won you the crown. As far as the 2 of the last 3, I have only been twice, so between you and I, we are 1-1. I am looking forward to it again this year! I imagine it will be a battle to the end again!
LOL Mike
Agreed. Looking forward to a battle to the end and paying for the trip on the poker table.
It will be a great competition again, my friend!
You two are getting a little ahead of yourselves thinking the rest of us are just going to let you win. This year there will be some new challenges that will be a little more challenging and a lot more redneck.
Pffffff...... Bring it on!!!!
More Redneck a Uncle Bill? Tell us more!!
Pffffff.....Bring it on!!!! x 2
I guess I could just put a target on a monster buck and watch you two choke on your buck fever.
Please write buck on it. Not sure Jeff remembers what 1 looks like
I'm in! I sold be able to do that Friday to Sunday.
Larry, I wish you weren't, but you are right. I have not hunted in "target rich" environments the last couple seasons. I would welcome a buck target!111
What I lose on the range, I'll make up on the poker table. Bill will be dethroned!
Continue toTalk that trash I have been shooting 100 arrows a day I will take the bow challenge. Any way I'm in
Guess I'm going to have to shoot some arrows too. I am rusty. slow down on all that practicing Corey!
I slung ( & I do mean slung) about 50 Sunday and 30 today.
My bow practically shoots itself.
Whoa!! My bow requires me to pull it back and aim it!!! Aside from that, it's a very accurate bow.... I'm just about out of arrows for mine... and my release is so wore out, it's really not safe. I haven't shot it in 4 months... wonder what's on sale on Fleabay?....
Pencil me in there Chief if you still have room, I will be there.
PS come in on Wednesday and leave Sunday morning.
I've got 5 archery setups you can use for hogs. hasn't been many hogs since end of deer season, but a few.
I am running a little behind but thought I post post a few pics of the annual Meet and Greet last month. It was great seeing everyone and catching up. One of our vets that has been on several outings Adam joined us this year and hopefully we didn't scare him off and he will come back again. There were lots of experienced hunters roaming the woods trying to kill some hogs but the novice Dan was the only one that produced (7 in all).

Two and half days were devoted to the Redneck Shootout where we had some pretty wild shooting competitions with bow, pistol, shotgun and rifle with the top two from each category advancing to the final 4 weapon championship course.

The Winners were:
ARCHERY Bill Costin (BSD strings baby!)

PISTOL Bill Costin (I won by so much I could have doubled my score and still won)(PS. the sheriff came in last)

SHOTGUN Mike BuckslayerTX (Mike conquered his clay fever and smoked us with the scattergun)

RIFLE Adam Mckitrick (Living proof that when you leave the Army you will know how to shoot. Adam schooled us on long distance shooting)

OVERALL 2017 CHAMPION Crusher (Crusher turned a blistering 2:51 on the 4 weapon timed course and walked away with all the money. Nice shooting Corey!)

The nighttime archery golf failed due to so many lost arrows. Phase two is in the works for next year.

I am looking forward to doing it again and hope everyone had a great time!

Please post any pics you want to share on this thread. I will start.

Dan The Pig Killer

Waterhead, Crusher and BLT

Jeff Stevens

Dan Took out the whole family

BLT, Adam, Jeff Stevens, Crusher, Waterhead, Dan

Crusher or Caitlyn as he is now known

Adam going Gangster

Waterhead

We could do it with help from Roy and Dan

As usual there was plenty of great food
Haha! Y'all didn't run me off, I'm already prepping for next year lol! It's gonna be game on and Im playing for keeps!
Man, what a blast, again!!! I was extremely disappointed in my performances in the shooting events, but will be prepared next year, and plan to be on top in at least a couple events next year! Bill, any chance of posting the "pulled pork" video????? lol
JeffStevens said...

Man, what a blast, again!!! I was extremely disappointed in my performances in the shooting events, but will be prepared next year, and plan to be on top in at least a couple events next year! Bill, any chance of posting the "pulled pork" video????? lol

That is the problem everyone prepared and practiced. I had not drawn my bow since December when I shot a boar and I had not shot my pistol since the M&G last year.
Dang!!! Hate I missed the fun!! Maybe next year!