HuntBuds Connecting Hunters, Fishermen and Outdoor Enthusiasts.

Many of you watched as a another hog was shot live on the CC. Due to flooded conditions and the fact that I was wearing tennis shoes I chose not to attempt a recovery last night. Several guys even after seeing the hog get shot live with their own eyes wanted proof and demanded a photo claiming without a pic it did not happen.

I hereby rest my case...

"If I am not hunting or fishing I am probably somewhere talking about hunting or fishing"
Awesome - any chance it was cool enough last night to salvage the meat?

Looks like a dandy. What would you figure the weight? On film we were guessing 125-150ish but hard to tell on the CritterCam.

congrats
Jim Ward

Archery - Mathews Z-7 bow and Martin Rytera Alien X, Carbon Express , Octane Stabilizer, Crimson Talon , Spott Hogg sight & IQ Retina Lock Ultra Lite.

BSD Bow String Depot Pro Staff
Hips Archery Target Pro Staff
Alright!!! Now we have proof!! Bill one thing though in the last picture the hog definitely has more hair than you lolol.....sorry couldn't resist. Smile
Bow String Depot we build custom strings and slings! <br /><br />Wake up and smell the decaf mocha latte SHOOTING IS FOR GIRLS!
Mm mmmm, that just gives me the warm and fuzzies.... Nothing like a dead pig to make my day....
Great way to pass the time in your backyard Great SELFY
Jim -I would guess around 150-170. The meat was a little warm for my taste but it is just right for the local yote population.

CQ- Watch yourself! Those cookies are long gone
"If I am not hunting or fishing I am probably somewhere talking about hunting or fishing"
Great job Bill!!!! ☺ Did it go very far? CQ I think you just went back on Bill's bad list. LOLOL Wink
magnum said...

Great job Bill!!!! ☺ Did it go very far? CQ I think you just went back on Bill's bad list. LOLOL Wink

Well magnum i couldn't stay off it too long its to much fun to being on the black list lolol
Bow String Depot we build custom strings and slings! <br /><br />Wake up and smell the decaf mocha latte SHOOTING IS FOR GIRLS!
What did you shoot it with?? Should of used a magnum to shoot that hog, there wouldn't be a need to recover when ya see them drop, unless the shooter missed his mark... lolol jk

Looks like a very nice size, that hog should bring in yotes for you to shoot at.
   likes this.
well done Mr. Costin!!!! that whole process was really cool. messaging with you on your way out, to watching the hog, and trying to see the shot (which i did), and watching it run off after the shot. great job, that kicks butt!
"Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." Dr Seuss - Mathews DXT, Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streak, NAP Killzone & Executioner broadheads, NAP stabilizer, QAD Ultrarest, True Fire release.
oh....and all us watching, chattering back and forth about what we thought was happening. we need to do that EVERY night!
"Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." Dr Seuss - Mathews DXT, Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streak, NAP Killzone & Executioner broadheads, NAP stabilizer, QAD Ultrarest, True Fire release.
JeffStevens said...

oh....and all us watching, chattering back and forth about what we thought was happening. we need to do that EVERY night!

I agree it was fabulous to be able to chat back and forth with everyone Smile
  and  like this.
Magnum he made it about 60-70 yards. Shot him with an AR15 with open sights from about 50 yards.
  and  like this.
good shot Bill.!!! Are you still thinking about putting that Leopold split scope on your AR? or are you just going to keep it open sites. either way I'm sure shooting an AR would be fun. Crazy Canadian rules!!! would be nice to have one Unhappy lolol
   likes this.
magnum said...

good shot Bill.!!! Are you still thinking about putting that Leopold split scope on your AR? or are you just going to keep it open sites. either way I'm sure shooting an AR would be fun. Crazy Canadian rules!!! would be nice to have one Unhappy lolol

The scope is still on my short list but I need another AR to mount it on first. I like the open sights on my 15 and my 10 already has a red dot so I gotta buy a new AR for that scope. I am leaning towards an AR57.