HuntBuds Connecting Hunters, Fishermen and Outdoor Enthusiasts.

I am working on a mini commercial type ad to be used to promote HuntBuds on other sites such as Facebook. Rather than me tooting my own horn about the site I would like to get our members to explain what they like about HuntBuds. If you are interested in helping please let me know. No acting experience required but you can't be camera shy. I have several options on doing this none of which require you to travel to TX for the audition. It will only take a few minutes of your time so if you like HB and want to help promote it please let me know. Thanks!
"If I am not hunting or fishing I am probably somewhere talking about hunting or fishing"
Bill, I'm not shy about much, but I am ugly.... Can I wear my guille suit?
Hutch, Scott, and a couple others already paste things about the site on FB .. ( I admit I'm a little lacking in that department)
Though I am ... Leary? of opening us up that way.. yes we can always use new members, yes fresh views are always welcome..
My, hesitation is .. the flood of people we would get that don't "understand" who we are and what our values are.. more out of fear of change from the family orientated loving god fearing place we are. to something we are not..
The word of mouth has gotten us from a couple hundred, to over a thousand now, invitation only is a little .. strict? But how do we keep the core values without a process and huge amount of work, mainly on your part Bill, in ... policing ?
You have a full time job watching over it already..
I'm on the fence..
I would love to shoot some shorts and send them over , or do some writing, if that's what you wanna do?
I have never been relieved of my duty to defend the constitution of these United States of America, with up to and including my life
Burt Gummer is my Hero
"Enjoy getting old, not all of us get to do it." Eric (Pard) Wroe, 5/73-12/13
No one could understand me...lol
Hoyt Carbon Spyder ZT 30 Hoyt Faktor 30. Hoyts...Ask Magnum, he'll explain!LOL
Bootlegger said...

No one could understand me...lol

BAHAHAHahah!!
I read that and instantly went into a coughin fit !!
ya maybe misunderstood but yer Loved !!
besides you cant be as hard to understand as Creole folk !
I have never been relieved of my duty to defend the constitution of these United States of America, with up to and including my life
Burt Gummer is my Hero
I can't believe I only have two guinea pigs so far. Mac I don't guess you need to worry about a flood of new folks when they see our members are so ugly they have to wear guille suits and when they talk you can't understand them. Actually we really do need to keep a steady flow of new members to keep the site fresh and alive. New members bring new content such as pics, videos, stories and personalities. A site that is not growing is dying!

I understand your concern about the quality of folks but I have found that the lowlifes that troll other sites spewing hate and just looking to fight and cause a bunch of drama tend to see pretty quick that they don't fit in here and they disappear. If they don't disappear on their own you can bet your last dollar that I will make them disappear. We have over 1000 members but only 5% of them log on on a daily or weekly basis. New members are great but what we really want are active members! Nothing will kill a site quicker than slow activity cuz once folks start logging on and seeing there are no new posts since their last log on they will stop logging on.
"If I am not hunting or fishing I am probably somewhere talking about hunting or fishing"
we almost need to have some kind of interview process. lol i kind of agree with mac on getting a flood of people who don't fit here, not that i am at all opposed to getting new members. hmmmmmm
"Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." Dr Seuss - Mathews DXT, Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streak, NAP Killzone & Executioner broadheads, NAP stabilizer, QAD Ultrarest, True Fire release.
JeffStevens said...

we almost need to have some kind of interview process. lol i kind of agree with mac on getting a flood of people who don't fit here, not that i am at all opposed to getting new members. hmmmmmm

We bent the rules to allow you in Jeffery so don't you think we should do the same for some other folks?15
Cookies for everybody!!!
BIG L<br />ZOMAC PRO STAFF<br />Mathews Mission Ballistic<br />100 G grim reapers
If be willin to help out in any way but kinda feel like not my place since I'm fairly new here
you make a very strong point there Bill. lol
"Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." Dr Seuss - Mathews DXT, Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streak, NAP Killzone & Executioner broadheads, NAP stabilizer, QAD Ultrarest, True Fire release.
and I am not necessarily opposed to this, just concerned it could possibly change things from how it's been. that's all
I agree with some of the views of being a little leery of having an influx of new members i do not stand opposed to it just a little leery of it. I know that on alot of other forums need a lot of moderators to keep track of the posts and make sure that no one steps out of line i just don't want to see our HB family atmosphere get harmed by people who don't understand how the forum atmosphere functions or care how the forum functions. Just my opinion Smile
Bow String Depot we build custom strings and slings! <br /><br />Wake up and smell the decaf mocha latte SHOOTING IS FOR GIRLS!
big L said...

Cookies for everybody!!!

And Big L NO COOKIES LOL
Bow String Depot we build custom strings and slings! <br /><br />Wake up and smell the decaf mocha latte SHOOTING IS FOR GIRLS!
Oh Man no cookies " again" Wink
My 2 cents, change will come as the site gets bigger,
It's up to us regulars to help keep the site clean, fun
Informative, etc. Seems to me the site needs to expand, sponsors, advisertisers, etc to help pay the bills Around here.
Thanks that's my 2 cents
BIG L<br />ZOMAC PRO STAFF<br />Mathews Mission Ballistic<br />100 G grim reapers
Moderators... LOL YEAH as long as the new company owner/manager/ whatever he is listens to the public and isn't to greedy and lets one guy ruin it for a bunch of family orientated very knowledgeable custom string makers and people who supported them....
sorry I digress..
Aren't you and webdude the only ones "moderating" right now? I think setting up a safety net, a good foundation of ... supervision .. would be a good idea..
I agree with new folks coming in, it's desperately needed..
sigh I would hate to see us wither and die..
okay .. I'm in.
Unfortunately the "trouble" with the mobile app may hinder some support even if we advertise.
I have a couple of friends in that world.. I can see if they can help revamp or redo or whatever needs to be done.. I know on the android version it's really tough to nagivate, and check in on, easy to post, and share pictures but getting into the forum and chatting is rough..
I'll do what I can to help out!
Burt Gummer is my Hero
I agree with change it is a good thing as long as we have a good team on here to keep this place clean and family friendly i would love to see a bunch of new members join our Hb family and enhance what we already have
Change is going to happen whether we like it or not, I am just trying to make sure the change is for the better. Go back, way back a couple of years ago when we just had a couple hundred folks on here and I believe you will see that the atmosphere is just the same. It is the member's friendliness, personalities and values that make this place what it is and that was the same then as it is now with over 1000. It is my job to keep the riffraff out along with the help of ALL of you. I assure you as someone that has been on here 24/7 since it's inception that it is a much better place now with more activity.

We do have 4 Pro Staff members (Crusher, Ibeawaterhead, Upatree24 and Moelitegt500) that help me when they can and I will be adding more as we get more members. We have been blessed with the cream of the crop members and there is actually very little to moderate, you folks were raised right and it shows! There are more decent people out there that like to hunt and HB will be a better place as we attract more and more of them. I know some bad apples will find their way in but never forget I have a "BANNED" button and I ain't afraid to use it!
You are correct in our Atmosphere Bill !! and I suppose you are right!
and thank you for the reassurance of the banned button!! although... that worries me now...
I suppose if ya haven't banned me yet it probably ain't gonna happen any time soon !!
so now... commercial.. advertisement... promoting HB..
lemme see what the brainpan comes up with and I'll emil it to ya!
Mac
Burt Gummer is my Hero
OK..Here's my two cents on the subject...When I joined and when everyone else joined, we didn't know each other. We didn't know what moral fiber anyone was made of. The longer I'm on here the more people I meet and get to know. We have to take a chance and open ourselves up to people to grow the site. We have had some awesome people join and I'm proud to call all of you friends. There will always be some "bad apples". Those you get rid of. It's that simple. I do feel that Bill needs helping policing the site, but isn't that all of our responsibility? If something is said off color or rude or hateful, It is each of our responsibility to say something and put a stop to it. I do not know how the best way is to reach out to people about the site. Is any member in advertising? Word of mouth is slower, but the more members we get the more people we will have talking about the site. You can bet that I will be talking up Hunt Buds at the Rocky Mountain Foundation banquet in Santa Fe this weekend.
I totally agree with Bill on this subject. But I think I know why y'all are skeeerd. Y'all are thinking about all those massive Canadian bucks that will start your show up on HB ehh!!!! Lol.. JK. Bill you can put my name in the hat for your add. Like I said many times before this is a great site and lots & lots of great people. That is why I'm putting my shyness of the camera to the side and will try to do my best to help Bill and everyone else with this fantastic site.☺
did you say a "banned" button Bill???? i would take back some of the short bald jokes.....but I'm short and bald too! lol I have gotten to know you Bill, and know you are doing things the right way. whatever you decide on, I am with you!
Bill - I am so sorry to not really have followed up on this. I am a huge HuntBuds supporter. I share it to people all the time. In truth (and many of you have seen my pictures) I truly do not like being on camera but am not shy in front of people. However, as many of you know, I must not be a very good salesman. While I have shared HuntBuds and conversations with other hunters, outdoors people and even give them the site information, etc. The largest majority never seem to log on. With my track racord - I am probably one of the worst options for this type of thing.

That said - if you need me to do something, send me a pm and I will do my best to get you something. Maybe you can use your photo shop skills to hide my ugly mug. But then it might look like a clandestine site and send the wrong image.
Jim Ward

Archery - Mathews Z-7 bow and Martin Rytera Alien X, Carbon Express , Octane Stabilizer, Crimson Talon , Spott Hogg sight & IQ Retina Lock Ultra Lite.

BSD Bow String Depot Pro Staff
Hips Archery Target Pro Staff
Growth will need to be achieved to sustain. I think there is no way a bad apple will survive with the core group we have very long . Out of every 100 we may get 40 to 50 good folks and 15 may be active users . I say get this out by any means and its up to the core group to control and keep it in good content .We know what we like so we should be able to control . I nominate Buckslayer for a commercial clip . He is Smart,and a great public speaker and likes this site and Loves the outdoors like most of us. Many folks carry the Christian flag but do they really back the flag or just follow others. Faith a lone will scare a few away and Im OK with that. This has a natural culling effect. Im here as i have always been to help , support in any way .This video clip will need to start Now if you want it out anytime soon in the near future . I have seen how anal you can be on perfection ..
I accept the nomination and would be proud to represent the site. By the way Crusher thanks for the kind words. I think I clean up pretty well. Bill may have to get a wide angle lens. I'm up for the challenge and will be happy to participate as one of the faces of the family. Let me know the time and place and I will be there to promote God, Family, Friends, and the Outdoors! I'm not shy or skeered.
The Christian atmosphere, and KNOWING I can let my kids look at ANYTHING on the site is why I'm here. In the automotive world, there is a site, the Turbo Diesel Register, much like what you are envisioning, Bill. It started small, but now has several thousand members, mostly older, retired folk with RVs, but there are younger folk, too. Tight moderation has made it a great website, with a moderate amount of harassment, along with the constant work from the guys that run it. I believe I know what you are trying to do, and I like the idea. Those "bad apples" will always be around, just like Walmart. It's life. We just gotta try to teach them how life was meant to be lived and if they can't comply..... Sorry. Bill, you've done a great job policing that, and I applaud you for it. And a reminder to our members here.... When another member, just like your neighbor, corrects you or points out a problem you might be causing, think about it. No one likes to be corrected, but as Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another.
Ladies and Gentlemen!
My fears.. no.. my irrational fears.. and little faith..please forgive me Lord, and my friends.
We are together with the Lord, by the Lord and From the Lord. He has proven he is here with actual miracles, and answers to prayers!!
What was I thinking!!
LETS DO THIS !!
But let start it out correctly!

Father in heaven,
we come together today in prayer to ask for your guidance, wisdom, and protection.
Help us Lord to grow our family, help us keep our family with you as our core, and foundation.
For it is written, with you for us, who can stand against us.
Bless us and help us to do your will, not ours.
these things we pray
In Jesus name
Amen
Burt Gummer is my Hero
I agree Crusher! Almost..
Perfection?? Have you looked at CC
Just messin with ya Bill
Let's get the ball to Rollin Bill
I'm anxious to see some demo's
I agree with what has been said. I don't know what I can do to help except word of mouth. But if you need my help just let me know.
I think new members would be awesome. Just hope they have a good sense of humor....lol. I mean sometimes I'm surprised Bill hasn't banned me cause of the Cowboys jokes on Facebook....lol. I'm only really one other hunting forum. I tried a few like archery talk and that wasn't for this ole boy. Huntbuds is more my speed. Really good folks on here. Even if a few are Cowboy fans...lol. See what I did there Bill. I'm glad Hutch told me about this place love it!!!!
Hoyt Carbon Spyder ZT 30 Hoyt Faktor 30. Hoyts...Ask Magnum, he'll explain!LOL