HuntBuds Connecting Hunters, Fishermen and Outdoor Enthusiasts.

Poll: Would you be willing and able to participate in a HuntBuds group hunt?
October 27, 2015 by
After seeing CritterGetter's story and pictures from his recent mule deer hunt with his dad, son and some others, my interest was piqued again to the idea of a possible HuntBuds group hunt.

I know we talked about this at one time and I know that there are lots of hardships in trying to make it come true. Trying to get several guys to agree on a specific hunt, prey, date, location and especially cost seem to always make these "pipe dreams." I am wondering if we could put together some ideas, get an idea of numbers and participants. This might end up creating two or three groups for different hunts based on people's desires, budgets, etc.

What are your thoughts?

Could we plan on Chat to talk about this in all seriousness? It might be a 2016 or 2017 hunt depending on the planning/saving necessary.
Jim Ward

Archery - Mathews Z-7 bow and Martin Rytera Alien X, Carbon Express , Octane Stabilizer, Crimson Talon , Spott Hogg sight & IQ Retina Lock Ultra Lite.

BSD Bow String Depot Pro Staff
Hips Archery Target Pro Staff
I'd love to do a group hunt, BUT $2500.00 bucks ain't gonna happen. I'm voting probably not for me, but if we ever put a little weekend hog hunt or something to that effect together for 4 or 5 hundred bucks I'd be all over it. I spend to much on hunting already I reckon..........
BIG L<br />ZOMAC PRO STAFF<br />Mathews Mission Ballistic<br />100 G grim reapers
big L said...

I'd love to do a group hunt, BUT $2500.00 bucks ain't gonna happen. I'm voting probably not for me, but if we ever put a little weekend hog hunt or something to that effect together for 4 or 5 hundred bucks I'd be all over it. I spend to much on hunting already I reckon..........

I haven't done any pricing on any specific hunts so I picked a dollar value as Yes interested if below that amount as an option.
Jim Ward

Archery - Mathews Z-7 bow and Martin Rytera Alien X, Carbon Express , Octane Stabilizer, Crimson Talon , Spott Hogg sight & IQ Retina Lock Ultra Lite.

and  like this.
I understand BigL's point. I just picked a dollar amount as the breaking point between - Yes I would definitely go either anytime or would need to plan/save for a trip. I did not vote yet but for me I would put $2500 as my complete max budget so the option of Yes but if total cost was below $2500 would be my vote. Of course I would really like it to be much below that price. But if we knew it would go closer to that amount, I would need to plan/save so it would not happen next year for sure. I might need to create a different poll. Would you do a group hunt regardless of total cost? Cost under $2500 but might need extended time to save up (not next year)? Total costs under $1250? Probably wouldn't go at any cost?

What do you think should we change the poll? (If so - I need Bill to step me through cancelling one poll and/or creating new poll options.)
Jim Ward

likes this.
Would be a great time and lots of stories would be told.lol
Saskatchewan Big Buck hunt would be great or even an Illinois or Kansas Whitetail hunt.
magnum said...

Would be a great time and lots of stories would be told. lol
Saskatchewan Big Buck hunt would be great or even an Illinois or Kansas Whitetail hunt.

I know for the non-resident Illinois whitetail hunt could be real expensive. (Non-resident license is only $60 but the tags are the price points. Either sex archery tag $410 - antlerless only is reasonable $25.50. Firearm/Muzzleloader either sex approx $300, antlerless $25.50) Plus the cost of travel and places to stay (depending on where)

Firearm licenses are by application/lottery and you must pick the county you will hunt in. There are some "over the counter" tags but they are few and far between.

I haven't checked Kansas or Iowa or even Saskatchewan.
Jim Ward

Saskatchewan was $155. last time i went. That was a few years ago. but now they also have a draw system (lottery) for non-residents. Unhappy can't really plan a hunting trip that wayUnhappy
Colorado still has some over-counter tags for elk and Mule-deer, not sure about Wyoming... Tags aren't too bad, but success varies greatly. I was hoping to go scouting some old haunts this fall, but this empire of dirt requires other duties be done. $2500 is a bit on the high side of what I'd want to pay, but I'd still be interested, depending on area and game.
hhhuntitall said...

Colorado still has some over-counter tags for elk and Mule-deer, not sure about Wyoming... Tags aren't too bad, but success varies greatly. I was hoping to go scouting some old haunts this fall, but this empire of dirt requires other duties be done. $2500 is a bit on the high side of what I'd want to pay, but I'd still be interested, depending on area and game.

yeah - I just picked a random number - probably should have picked one lower - like 1250 or something.
Jim Ward

and  like this.
count me in!
Would anyone be interested in a group pheasant hunt? Say in Kansas or South Dakota?
AlanK said...
Would anyone be interested in a group pheasant hunt? Say in Kansas or South Dakota?

that sounds like a fun option. although I don't do that kind of shooting so you all would get a great laugh watching me.
Jim Ward

likes this.
Never hunted pheasants myself. should be a hoot!
never hunted pheasants either, but would be in if it cost was reasonable
"Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." Dr Seuss - Mathews DXT, Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streak, NAP Killzone & Executioner broadheads, NAP stabilizer, QAD Ultrarest, True Fire release.
I could probably handle (afford) something like this, like you glteach I'd be good for
a laugh anyway.
BIG L<br />ZOMAC PRO STAFF<br />Mathews Mission Ballistic<br />100 G grim reapers
oh yeah i would be in