HuntBuds Connecting Hunters, Fishermen and Outdoor Enthusiasts.

If you use the HuntBuds app on your iPhone or Android please read!!!

As you know there has been a few bugs in the apps and I recently ask for your help in identifying them so I could go back to the company that built them for me and have them fix them. Bad news, that is not going to happen. The company went out of business back in March of 2014 so we are stuck with the apps just the way they are.

Here is the worst news, if you logout of the app or for some reason you delete the app you will never be able to log in again using the app. How do I know this? I recently logged out while webdude was working on my account and when I tried to log back in I could not. I redownload the app and still could not get in. It sucks when I paid good money for the apps and everyone has them but me. I will also be unable to help you with any technical issues since I no longer have the app I cannot troubleshoot it. Let this be a lesson, never do business with a company from Vietnam!

I have found another company to make new apps but until I have a guarantee that the same thing will not happen again I am not going to pay them and later have this happen again. So if you have the app enjoy it and use it but remember to never logout. If you don't have the app I apologize but neither do I.
"If I am not hunting or fishing I am probably somewhere talking about hunting or fishing"
I don't mean it rude, but don't consider it a major loss, Bill. That App isn't that great.... We've discussed that. Hate to hear you took it up the tailpipe, though. That's the problem with working out of the States. Are the people stateside that much more expensive? If you don't mind my asking, how much does an app cost?
  and  like this.
hhhuntitall said...

I don't mean it rude, but don't consider it a major loss, Bill. That App isn't that great.... We've discussed that. Hate to hear you took it up the tailpipe, though. That's the problem with working out of the States. Are the people stateside that much more expensive? If you don't mind my asking, how much does an app cost?

Not rude at all, the app was a complete waste of time and money. Basically all it was was a wrapper over the mobile side of the site that enabled me to put it in the App Store and Google Play which I was hoping would bring in more members when they stumbled across it in the App Store.. You get the same functions by just going to HuntBuds.com on your browser. It cost me $1000 to buy it and another $500 or so to install and troubleshoot it. I have yet to find a company stateside that deals with this software I am running most of them are in India, China, Vietnam, and the like. I looked for well over a year to find an American company to make me a real app that works with all the functions on the site and I got bids from 25k to 100k and that was just for one, I would have to double that to make one for Apple and Android.
"If I am not hunting or fishing I am probably somewhere talking about hunting or fishing"
Sorry to read that Bill. It's too bad that people do business that way. I wouldn't feel good about myself if I conducted business like that. Unhappy

A.S
Hunting Bow: 2011 Martin Firecat 400
Backup: 2007 Martin Jaguar
Bow String Depot Staff Shooter
Bill Costin said...

Not rude at all, the app was a complete waste of time and money. Basically all it was was a wrapper over the mobile side of the site that enabled me to put it in the App Store and Google Play which I was hoping would bring in more members when they stumbled across it in the App Store.. You get the same functions by just going to HuntBuds.com on your browser. It cost me $1000 to buy it and another $500 or so to install and troubleshoot it. I have yet to find a company stateside that deals with this software I am running most of them are in India, China, Vietnam, and the like. I looked for well over a year to find an American company to make me a real app that works with all the functions on the site and I got bids from 25k to 100k and that was just for one, I would have to double that to make one for Apple and Android.

Ummm, wow. That's insane costs. I could see it if they weren't just adding website function in a phone compatible format.... But that is redonkeylus. I'm curious now who wrote the other apps on my phone....
   likes this.
Good to know, I use it all the time. won't log out.
Hoyt Carbon Spyder ZT 30 Hoyt Faktor 30. Hoyts...Ask Magnum, he'll explain!LOL
I was able to download it from Google play store and log in to the app
Bill, you know me and my phone. I carry "THE BRICK". Don't have the app, but it still sucks when you pay good money for something and have this happen!
I got a new phone. Lost the app. So sad!
Bill, I searched Google play on my new Android and found it. Was able to long in as well.
Hey Bill,
My nephew does this stuff. and a couple friends also...
If you wanted to PM or email me the particulars, I can ask them what it would cost. Or if he could hook uncle Derik up.. Phht what can he say? No?
I know NOTHING about it.
sparksmacflash@gmail.com
I have never been relieved of my duty to defend the constitution of these United States of America, with up to and including my life
Burt Gummer is my Hero
"Enjoy getting old, not all of us get to do it." Eric (Pard) Wroe, 5/73-12/13
Another update Bill, had to buy a new phone last Friday. Android, downloaded app from Google play again. I can still use it like a fine oiled machine...lol.