HuntBuds Connecting Hunters, Fishermen and Outdoor Enthusiasts.

Poll: How many pair of hunting boots do you have?
January 29, 2014 by
I have 4 pair two pair of 400's one pair of 600's and a pair of 800's for all the different shades of cold we have here,I try on a pair of 1000's thought they were to heavy
Lightweight hiking boots, uninsulated rubber, 800 rubber, 1200 rubber, snake boots
"If I am not hunting or fishing I am probably somewhere talking about hunting or fishing"
one pair of snake boots and my other has several types of insert foot cover. I really like them after I got used to choosing the correct foot cover insert.
Patience and Perseverance are qualities that are best practiced rather than preached
A pair for every occasion
Bow String Depot We Build Strings and Slings!! Check us out @ bowstringdepot.com
I just got two, a short hiking boot, and a tall winter boot.
Bow String Depot we build custom strings and slings

Silly boys hunting is for girls
Two pairs of insulated hikers, 1 pr uninsulated rubber boots, and 1 pr hip boots. I didn't count them in the poll, but I guess my duck hunting waders have boots attached. Oops, forgot that there's 2 pairs of hip boots.
I've got more boots than I even know about. warm weather, cold weather, rubber, snake, you name it. All waterproof, or used to be. That's my biggest problem. I can't find a pair of boots that will remain waterproof for more than a year. GoreTex, DryPlus, none of them last more than a year, if that. Rubber boots are the only ones that will.
Martin & Strother bows
Bowstringdepot.com strings and cables
Ehunter said...

I've got more boots than I even know about. warm weather, cold weather, rubber, snake, you name it. All waterproof, or used to be. That's my biggest problem. I can't find a pair of boots that will remain waterproof for more than a year. GoreTex, DryPlus, none of them last more than a year, if that. Rubber boots are the only ones that will.

It is a manufacturing plan. They need you to buy another pair and another pair, etc. Just like appliances. They last through the warranty (2-3 years) any more and then everything starts to break down so you buy another one.
Jim Ward

Archery - Mathews Z-7 bow and Martin Rytera Alien X, Carbon Express , Octane Stabilizer, Crimson Talon , Spott Hogg sight & IQ Retina Lock Ultra Lite.

BSD Bow String Depot Pro Staff
Hips Archery Target Pro Staff
I get about 6-8 years out of my boots archery season 6 weeks long average 4 days a week thats 24 times mostly using 400's and 600's so i'm wearing them 12 time a year and I wear my 800's once or twice doing archery season and my rifle season is 13 days long so I get a lot of bang for my buck if you break it now over the years, my last pair of rocks lasted 9 years till one day I needed a pair of work boots after a week in the shop they just come a part
TEN RING said...

I get about 6-8 years out of my boots archery season 6 weeks long average 4 days a week thats 24 times mostly using 400's and 600's so i'm wearing them 12 time a year and I wear my 800's once or twice doing archery season and my rifle season is 13 days long so I get a lot of bang for my buck if you break it now over the years, my last pair of rocks lasted 9 years till one day I needed a pair of work boots after a week in the shop they just come a part

I have two pairs of boots. One just completed its third year and the other it's fifth. I use them through entire archery deer season, turkey season and even for shoveling. But I also know that much of the manufacturing quality has really diminished. I also found that I have better luck with mid-range price boots than I have had with higher priced boots. So I don't buy the "best" that stores try to sell.
Jim Ward

Archery - Mathews Z-7 bow and Martin Rytera Alien X, Carbon Express , Octane Stabilizer, Crimson Talon , Spott Hogg sight & IQ Retina Lock Ultra Lite.

BSD Bow String Depot Pro Staff
Hips Archery Target Pro Staff
Ha ha im so way behind in this survey
have 1 pair knee-high neoprene and 1 set leather boots
covers most days!
Prime Centroid LR Blue Durafuse
Prime Shift LR
Easton Arrows
Carter Releases
1 pair 800 Rubber
1 pair cloth/ leather hikers
1 pair rubber hip waders
BIG L<br />ZOMAC PRO STAFF<br />Mathews Mission Ballistic<br />100 G grim reapers
wow. never realized how many hunting boots I have
1 pair Rocky 400 cloth boots
1 pair Irish Setter 800 cloth
1 pair ScentBlocker Bone Collector rubber/cloth knee boots
1 pair ScentBlocker leather/cloth uninsulated ankle high boots
1 pair academy rubber camo uninsulated boots
1 pair Muck Fieldblazer 400 rubber/neoprene

I have recently retired a couple other pairs as well. kinda looks like I may be a bit of a boot junkie! lol
"Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." Dr Seuss - Mathews DXT, Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streak, NAP Killzone & Executioner broadheads, NAP stabilizer, QAD Ultrarest, True Fire release.
   likes this.
We may have to have an intervention for Jeff.
Addiction can be hard
BIG L<br />ZOMAC PRO STAFF<br />Mathews Mission Ballistic<br />100 G grim reapers
1-1600 rubber boots
1 - 3 mm chest waders
1- 5 mm chest waders
   likes this.
I've never owned a pair of boots, shoes, waders, or house shoes that weren't used for hunting.... Or could be... And I'm not afraid to go barefoot if I have to, but I hate it when someone sees my footprints and starts screaming "Bigfoot was here!"
lol Larry. Yeah, and I forgot about my Cabelas hip waders, and a pair of Ariat Work hogs that I hunt in occasionally. man, I guess i really do have a problem. 74 lol
"Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." Dr Seuss - Mathews DXT, Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streak, NAP Killzone & Executioner broadheads, NAP stabilizer, QAD Ultrarest, True Fire release.
Jeff, a potential solution could be to go hunting more, and wear out several pairs of those boots, so they can be disposed of.... Just a suggestion...
Casey, the problem with my addiction is, that I DO wear them out and dispose of them, unfortunately for some reason I feel it necessary to replace each pair I wear out with 2 new pairs. it is a vicious cycle. lol
And again, it sounds like more hunting would help.... You can't buy boots in deer camp!
touche, my friend!
I've got at least 5 or 6. But, I typically only wear my rubber boots. Gotta be scent free.
Ha! Squeaky clean! Scent free?!? I like cover scent!! Nothing like diesel and motor oil to keep the does calm!! It works good in oilfield areas... Does just think I'm another oil well site!!

I started counting last night... 6 pairs of Altama's, 2 pairs of Danners, a pair of Chippewa's, 2 pairs of Carolina's, 3 pairs of cheap Jungle boots, and one pair of 600gram Cabela's brand leather boots... I threw away a pair of Wolverines, and two pairs of those cheap jungle boots... Dang, I'm a packrat.... I'm also eyeballing my cowboy boots.... Gonna take some of those to the bootshop, and cut the tops off some others for projects...

I like the military boots. Got in the habit of wearing them for work back years ago, and love the light, high traction, desert type boot for this Texas heat. The Altama's are a midrange price boot, but I've had my best service from them. I keep at least 3 pairs in a rotation so they'll get a chance to dry out, and that makes a pair last a year before the tread is gone or the leather separates. The Danners have a light liner that work well with a pair of wool socks to keep my feet warm if it's not too cold. Then the insulated pair comes out for snow and ice. I need to add a pair in that rotation... This pair of Cabela's boots are due for replacement... Like Jim said, the midrange price work best for me... I destroy cheap boots like Rockies in about 3 months or less, and the higher end ($200 pair) boots don't seem to last much longer than the midrange ($75). The Chippewa's are good, and can be rebuilt, but I've almost destroyed the leather lowers on the second set of soles..