HuntBuds Connecting Hunters, Fishermen and Outdoor Enthusiasts.

My neighbor and I just finished making 25 pounds of venison-pork and 25 pounds of Beef-pork Summer sausage. It's all in the Smokehouse right now. We'll pull them out when the internal temps reach 165 degree's. My batch is the Venison- Pork. I'll post pics when it's all done by this afternoon.

Love what you have; Be grateful for what you receive; Give what you can and always remember; what goes around, comes around... Live Well... Be Wise.
Love what you have; Be grateful for what you receive; Give what you can and always remember; what goes around, comes around... Live Well... Be Wise.
Double_S said...

Nice work! That is a labor of love for sure!
That's a nice smoker set up you have there. Some day the boss will let me build a big one. she likes the one I built out of an old refrigerator. its simple for her to smoke turkeys and ham in why im at work.
Finished. All cut up and double wrapped. I traded a fella for some .223 rounds for 3 pounds.

looks good. what kind of wood do you use for smoke?
That's some good looking sausage Simon. One of these days I'm gonna build a smoker something similar to that and start making my own summer sausage.
HuntBuds Prostaff<br /> <br />G5 Prime Alloy 30" DL, 70lbs, BSD Custom Wrist Sling, GT Kinetics, QAD HDX, HHA Optimizer, B-Stinger Stabilizer, G5 Montecs <br /><br />2010 Elite Z28 30" DL, 70lbs, BSD Custom Strings & Wrist Sling, Beman ICS classic hunters 340, QAD HDX, Sword 3rd Axis sight, B-Stinger Stabilizer, G5 Montecs
That is some fine looking meat you have there SS!
"If I am not hunting or fishing I am probably somewhere talking about hunting or fishing"
We mainly use Applewood with a little hickory it's in abundance and free. My neighbor has Apple Tree's. He keeps the trimmings.

I already Traded some Sausage for .223 rounds. I really didn't need the .223's but it doesn't hurt to have more.

I had some Chicken Sausage awhile back so now we have to find a good recipe and try to make our own Chicken links-sausage. It's a healthier version compared to pork.