HuntBuds Connecting Hunters, Fishermen and Outdoor Enthusiasts.

There's gotta be some wild eyed southern boys (and girls) out there.4
Bear Super Grizzley 55# , Mossberg 835 12ga
Investarms .50 Hawken, Stoeger Uplander >The only failure that is disgraceful is the failure to try.
born and rooted in the south east. never traveled much out of the area. lived my whole life from Alabama to North Carolina and back to Alabama now. What a wonderful rich heritage and breath taking landscape filled with game. I could not picture living any other place. Visit yes, live no
Patience and Perseverance are qualities that are best practiced rather than preached
I hear that. Been around this beautiful USA a bit to visit and saw some fine country. Met some good folk on my travels as well. But when they don't offer grits on the menu it's time to pack it in and head to the ranch.112
Investarms .50 Hawken, Stoeger Uplander >The only failure that is disgraceful is the failure to try.
Took a few plane rides up to Boston to visit family. Took a trip to DC for a million man march. Rode in a big truck out to Cali and back, but that was the further from an enjoyable trip than I care to take again. Roamed the brackish marsh's of North Carolina and spent a few months in one called Monk's Corner SC.. Visited Tenn. La. and Fla. , Got lots of family in Ga but Lord only knows Why I sunk my roots in Alabama. I have brothers and sisters here, children and grand children, a x-wife I married twice before I was 20yrs old and one that took me on over 20yrs ago and wont let me go.
I've buried loved ones in almost every state I mentioned and made some friends that have lasted a life time. They have all taught me good manners, good food and to never give up on my dreams. I've had my legs striped up by momma and my tail set on fire by dad. I would revisit any of those moments at the drop of a hat, because it made me who I am today.
We still say yes mam and open doors for strangers around here. We're learning from our mistakes but not affraid to take chances on new ideas. Proud to be a southern boy? Heck yea I am ! I dont think I could survive happy any were else in this great country of ours.
Patience and Perseverance are qualities that are best practiced rather than preached
upatree64 said...

Took a few plane rides up to Boston to visit family. Took a trip to DC for a million man march. Rode in a big truck out to Cali and back, but that was the further from an enjoyable trip than I care to take again. Roamed the brackish marsh's of North Carolina and spent a few months in one called Monk's Corner SC.. Visited Tenn. La. and Fla. , Got lots of family in Ga but Lord only knows Why I sunk my roots in Alabama. I have brothers and sisters here, children and grand children, a x-wife I married twice before I was 20yrs old and one that took me on over 20yrs ago and wont let me go.
I've buried loved ones in almost every state I mentioned and made some friends that have lasted a life time. They have all taught me good manners, good food and to never give up on my dreams. I've had my legs striped up by momma and my tail set on fire by dad. I would revisit any of those moments at the drop of a hat, because it made me who I am today.
We still say yes mam and open doors for strangers around here. We're learning from our mistakes but not affraid to take chances on new ideas. Proud to be a southern boy? Heck yea I am ! I dont think I could survive happy any were else in this great country of ours.

Dang, I forgot about living a year up in Rock Hill SC. just outside of Char. NC.. I think my mind blocked it out because of all the trouble I got into there. Thank God I was to young for that record to follow me around..lol
Moncks Corner is right down the road from me.
Bent Arrow said...

Moncks Corner is right down the road from me.

I worked on a govt contract, water proofing igloo's and yerts out on the coast. My employer found a cheap motel in Moncks Corner for us to live out of while we were there.. It was my 1st encounter with gaters and the 1st time I ever seen a huge black fox squirrel.. I remember Goose Creek too.. I didnt get to know the area well. living out of a motel and working doesnt give a fellow much time to look at the sites
Was it the motel behind Little Pappy's restaurant? Good food there.
Bent Arrow said...

Was it the motel behind Little Pappy's restaurant? Good food there.

gosh I cant remember what the name of it was.. it was a roach coach motel.. You guys still got Gators in the area... I had to get some MP's to help me run one off my job so I could get a days work in once. it had rained for days and he made his way from a near by pond to my job site.. I'm still trying to remember the name of the little naval station we were on.. oh well, it was a good experience for me as a young man. I'm glad I did it
Been run off by gators down here a few times myself. But I've been told that it builds character. 10