HuntBuds Connecting Hunters, Fishermen and Outdoor Enthusiasts.

I love to grouse hunt but have not been in a couple of years.I lost most of the spots that I had to hunt do to people leaving trash and shot gun hulls on the ground.So the people who own the land stop the hunting but who can blame them.They are some public land around that has grouse but do to arthritis I cant walk good enough to hunt them anymore. I loved to hunt them and still like talking about hunting them.So just wondering who hunting them and what state you hunt in?
only i'm going up the mountains bear hunting we go saturday and bear opens monday, not many in my neck of the woods
the only one's in my area are pin raised and paid hunts only... they tell me it's a blast and the dog work is mind blowing to watch
Patience and Perseverance are qualities that are best practiced rather than preached
never been as we don't have em down here in TX. I see them when we go elk hunting in CO each year and I know that scare the crap out of you when you unknowingly walk up on them.
"If I am not hunting or fishing I am probably somewhere talking about hunting or fishing"
Bill Costin said...

never been as we don't have em down here in TX. I see them when we go elk hunting in CO each year and I know that scare the crap out of you when you unknowingly walk up on them.

Same thing when you almost step on a pheasant - the heart stops for a second and then starts at 200 beats a minute - unless you are expecting to flush them - it is a real start. To mimic Jace Robertson - "AWESOME"
Jim Ward

Archery - Mathews Z-7 bow and Martin Rytera Alien X, Carbon Express , Octane Stabilizer, Crimson Talon , Spott Hogg sight & IQ Retina Lock Ultra Lite.

BSD Bow String Depot Pro Staff
Hips Archery Target Pro Staff
ain never seen a grouse down here
It's all about how much skin you're willing to risk in the game
Bill Costin said...

They will scare the crap out of you.A couple of times my uncle and I was hunting we stop to let him smoke.One would fly up wright under our feet you dont know where to shoot or run.
I have two German Shorthairs and we do a lot of Grouse and Pheasant Hunting here in Wisconsin. I love to watch the dogs work. We go to N. Dakota to Pheasant Hunt. The fall killing / grilling season is fast approaching. YUMMMMMMY

I have two German Shorthairs and we do a lot of Grouse and Pheasant Hunting here in Wisconsin. I love to watch the dogs work. We go to N. Dakota to Pheasant Hunt. The fall killing / grilling season is fast approaching. YUMMMMMMY

The last two dogs I had was English Setters.I started out bird hunting for Quails with English pointers but they are very few Quails around here.So I got in to hunting grouse but the pointers I had worked to far out for the grouse. At that time I dont know how to train bird dog either.So time I learned the game I had get A setter female and had her bread then train the pups how I liked to hunt.